This article is a section of course Axure Full Course: Tutorial, Tips and Templates.
Widgets are the basic building blocks in Axure, and widgets are gathered in the library. In addition to the libraries provided by the system, you can create your own widget libraries or get widget libraries from others.
There are several ways to add library:
1. Click the overflow button on the libraries pane, select Add Local Library option on the menu, and then select file in the pop-up window.
2. Click the overflow button on the libraries pane, select Browser Libraries option on the menu, then you can browse libraries in Axure website.
3. Double-click the .rplib file on the computer, select OK in the pop-up window, and you can directly add the local .rplib file.
4. In addition to adding widget library, you can also add Image folder.
Click the overflow button on the libraries pane, select Add Image Folder option on the menu, then you can choose image folder to add.
Click File > New Library on the menu bar to create a new blank Library. After editing, you can save it as a .rplib file.
Select the library you want to remove, then click the overflow button on the libraries pane, select Remove Library to remove it.
There are 2 ways to add library:
1. Select the library you want to edit, then click the overflow button on the libraries pane, select Edit Library to enter the project edit.
2. Double-click the .rplib file on the computer, then click Edit Library to enter the project to edit.
Edit Library in Axure RP
After opening the widget library project, you can see the folders and pages on the left panes and the canvas on the right. The folders corresponds to the headers of the library, and the pages corresponds to the widgets of the library.
headers and widgets
That's all for today's lesson. Next lesson we'll learn Widget Styling.
If you have any questions and suggestions, please leave a message.
If you like the article, please share it with others with page link, thanks for your supporting!
Well Joe @AxureBoutique, a technology writer and teacher, focuses on Axure prototype design and product design.