Customer Service System (1) - Customer Service Process
"IM customer service system is closely integrated with business". As a product manager, we must know how customer service serves our customers and what the overall service process is, so that we can better design and think about the following features.
The service scenarios of most online customer service are as follows: the customer chooses a question or directly speaks for consultation to access the customer service - the chat is assigned to the customer service of the technology stack - the customer service handles the chat - the chat is ended after processing, if the customer chooses the wrong question, the chat is assigned the wrong technology stack, The customer service is slack in handling, the customer service is about to leave work and the work has not been completed, and the question is beyond the scope of the customer service ability... How to deal with these?
We can't grasp the customer's online state. If the customer leaves halfway through the consultation, and he doesn't come back after 2 days, what should we do with this service order?
For each of the above questions, different enterprises have different business processing methods, so there is no standard answer here.
Some common practices are:
- If the customer chooses the wrong question and assigned the wrong technology stack, the customer service will transfer the service session to the customer service with the correct technology stack.
- If the customer service is slack in handling, an alarm mechanism is added. If the system does not respond and handle it for more than a certain time, the system triggers an alarm.
- If the customer service would get off work and have not finished processing it, she can continue to process it or transfer it to the customer service of the same technology stack.
- If the question is beyond the scope of customer service ability, add a new communication window for customer service to communicate with colleagues with one click; or end the session first, and then technical consultant call the customer; or directly pull the technical consultant into the customer service team to answer the question.
01 The business process of customers and customer service
A simple service process is simulated here. When the customer enters the manual customer service, the system will generate a chat ticket, and the status of the chat ticket will change with the operation of each service node.
Then the state of the chat ticket in the above flow chart mainly has the following types.
- Queuing: when the user clicks on the access manual, it is possible that all customer service are busy and unable to access the chat. At this time, the session status will be queuing. At this time, the queuing will generally set an early warning mechanism to avoid the impact of customers' queuing time on the experience.
- Waiting for customer service to reply: After the chat is successfully assigned to the customer service on duty, the chat is in the state of waiting for the customer service to reply. The reason why this state is set is to ensure that the customer service responds to customers efficiently and in a timely manner. In the future, if the alarm feature for untimely reply is to be done, it is also based on this state.
- Waiting for the customer to reply: After the customer service's reply, the state of the conversation will switch back to waiting for the customer to reply. When the customer does not reply for a long time, the conversation will enter a silent state. The trigger condition of the silent state is that the time waiting for the customer's reply reaches a set threshold.
- Waiting for customer confirming end: some customer service systems may not set the state of waiting for customer confirming. Usually, the customer service ends directly after "end"; In some systems, the customer will decide whether to end the chat after the customer service applying, so the customer will need to confirm the state of the statement. If the customer clicks "resolved", the state is ended. If the customer clicks "unresolved", the state of the whole chat ticket will be reactivated.
02 Operation node and chat state process
Through the above business flow chart, we once again summarize the system flow (that is, which buttons are operated by customers and customer service, and the state of our chat has changed). This flow chart can make the logic of the chat system between product manager and developer more convenient.
In the whole service process shown the above figure, the chat will be divided into 6 states:
- Waiting for customer service to reply
- Waiting for customer to reply
- Waiting for the customer to confirm the end
- System ends
The operation buttons of each state are also marked on the flow chart. When we design the prototype later, the feature list section will also be designed with reference to the flowchart.
If you like the article, please share it with others with page link, thanks for your supporting! ❤
Leave a comment